Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Neural Networks and Deep Learning

So, the title of the post serves two purposes - one, to serve notice to this blog (hah - as though anyone reads this!) that these are topics that I've recently become very interested in, and will likely be posting about a lot, and two, to let everyone know about an awesome online book of the same name, http://neuralnetworksanddeeplearning.com

It's a REALLY great resource for people looking to get started with neural networks. Of course, everyone learns in different ways, so I should clarify that I'm someone who likes to get a good mix of practical knowledge and theoretical underpinnings... but if that sounds like you, then I can't recommend this book highly enough. In a relatively short amount of text, he gives a broad enough overview of the field that I really felt I could start diving into the topic - reading papers, and tinkering with code - while still managing to go in depth enough into his topics that I felt I had a decent understanding of how (or why) they worked. It's a rare feat... kudos, Michael Nielsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment